VENUE AND DATES
The 2023 Damn These Heels Film Festival offers viewing options for everyone — in-person screenings at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center in Salt Lake City and online screenings at home or on the go.
In-person screenings and events will take place October 12-15 and online screenings will run from October 15-22.
TICKETS AND PASSES
Tickets and passes are available to purchase online in advance or bought at the door. Please note that we ask all pass holders and reserved ticket holders to arrive 15 minutes before the advertised start time to ensure admittance and allow the Festival to sell waitlist tickets.
Tickets for films and events are on a sliding scale; please choose what to pay based on your financial circumstances. If you can afford more, it helps support the Festival and our ability to offer free or inexpensive tickets for those who otherwise could not afford to attend. Your financial support also helps us support queer filmmakers by providing a platform for their work.
Tickets and passes can be purchased in advance on our website or in-person at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center during the Festival.
Using your computer, tablet, or mobile device visit the Festival homepage and select the film or event you are interested in. You’ll be taken to our ticketing platform (Eventive) where you can purchase in-theater tickets (for the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center) and “Pre-Order” or “Unlock” access to stream films.
If you pre-reserve a ticket and can no longer use it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know, so we can release it.
PAY-WHAT-YOU-CAN-AFFORD: WHAT SHOULD I PAY?
*BASIC NEEDS include food, housing, clothing, and transportation.
**EXPENDABLE INCOME might mean you are able to buy coffee or tea at a shop, go to the cinema or a concert, buy new clothes, books and similar items each month, etc.
WHY SHOULD I GET A PASS?
Purchasing a pass to the Festival gives you the ability to attend all film screenings and ticketed events during the Festival at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center and access to all online films, plus discounts on Festival merchandise. In addition to convenience, buying a pass supports the Festival.
I’M A PASSHOLDER – HOW DO I GET TICKETS
- For All In-Person Films
- In-person films are on a first-come, first-served basis
- At the Festival – Pass holders get access to films by coming to the theatre and getting their pass scanned for admittance
- Pre-Festival. – you may also reserve tickets before the event by selecting from the website’s program guide once the program is launched, click on the film you would like to watch and it will offer you a free ticket. Please make sure you are signed in with the email that you bought your pass with.
- We ask that pass holders arrive 15 minutes before the advertised start time to ensure admittance and allow the Festival to sell waitlist tickets.
- Online Film Screenings
- Your pass includes access to watch all online film screenings. From the website’s program guide or our streaming platform once the film program is announced, click on the film you would like to watch and it will offer you a free ticket. Please make sure you are signed in with the email that you bought your pass with.
- You can pick up your physical pass at the theatre before any screening.
ATTENDING A SCREENING AT THE ROSE WAGNER PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
Purchase tickets to screenings in advance or at the door. We ask that the ticket holder arrive 15 minutes before the advertised start time of the event.
While in the theater, everyone is encouraged to follow local health and safety guidelines for community gatherings. If you are not feeling well, have tested positive for COVID-19 or another illness, or have been in close contact with some who has – please contact us at email@example.com and we can refund or exchange your ticket for an online screening. Or, you can donate the funds you used to purchase your ticket to support the Festival.
ONLINE (VIRTUAL) SCREENINGS
From the website’s program guide or our streaming page, click on the film you would like to watch and you can pre-order online films before the Festival begins or purchase during the Festival. If you order before the Festival begins or before a special event takes place you will receive an email when the film or event becomes available. If you are ordering a film during the Festival’s run dates, your film will be ready to view right away on your web browser.
- Viewing On Your Computer Or Mobile Device
You can watch content on PCs running Windows 7+, and Intel or Apple Silicon based Macs running macOS 10.12+. You can also watch films on Android tablets and phones using Chrome, and on iPhones and iPads using Safari.
- Viewing On Your TV
If you have an Apple TV, Chromecast (3rd gen or later), or a smart TV enabled with AirPlay or Chromecast, set your computer, mobile device or browser to “AirPlay” or “cast” to the TV device. Unlock the program on Eventive Virtual, then set your player window to full-screen using the icon at the lower right.
Apple TV, Fire TV, and Roku users can also download the Eventive TV app.
- Test Your Device/System
Test your device with this free test video (click here)