Salt Lake City: It’s time to explore, pose, and smile! (and win!)
Gather your friends and join Utah Film Center for a self-guided photo adventure around Salt Lake City. Visit beautiful murals and gay-friendly spots around town that embody inclusion, creativity or just fill the community with pride. Snap photos and turn them in for a chance to win some fabulous prizes!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Register! Gather a team or participate as an individual. Select a location to pick up your Damn These Heels sign. (Scroll down for the registration form.)
- Review the locations and landmarks around Salt Lake City
- Pick up a Damn These Heels banner at one of the first two locations listed! Display the banner in your photos somehow.
- Explore and get creative! Over the course of 3 weeks, participants are encouraged to visit these spots and snap creative, authentic, and pride-filled photos with the Damn These Heels sign visible in some way.
- Submit your photos to Utah Film Center through the Queering Salt Lake Photo Adventure submissions page for a chance to win prizes and be featured on our pre-show reel during drive-in season. (Scroll below for the form to submit photos.)
- Prize winners will be randomly selected and announced on Utah Film Center’s social channels on Friday July 2nd.
THE RULES: Photos must be submitted to our website by Wednesday, June 30 at midnight MT. The Damn These Heels sign must be displayed in the photo. Each photo is an entry into the contest. Participants do not need to visit all the locations in order to win.
PRIZES: Damn These Heels Queer Film Festival pass, a private pop up Backyard Cinema screening, a chocolate high heel from Hatch’s Family Chocolates, (other prizes TBA)
*THE FINE PRINT: Have fun but please continue to maintain safe physical distancing practices and county health recommendations when applicable. No nudity or offensive gestures please. Please respect all locations and businesses – no vandalism or littering!
PHOTO RELEASE: Participants grant Utah Film Center rights to use images across all existing digital, printed and promotional platforms and all future platforms.
- The Clever Octopus (Pick up your sign!), 2250 S W Temple, South Salt Lake, UT 84115
- Cahoots Cards and Gifts (Pick up your sign!) 878 900 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84105
- Gilgal Gardens, 749 E 500 S
- Harvey Milk Mural, 900S and 300E
- Salt Lake City Mural, 619 S 600 W
- Book Wall Mural, 222 S. Main Street
- Utah Pride Center, Main St. and Merrimac Ave
- Cats on Tinker’s Cat Cafe, 900S and 300E
- Rainbow Geometric Mural, 300S and Shelmerdine Ct.
- Bee Mural, 300E and 500S
- Purple Mountains, Richards St. and 2100S
- #WallIsForJustic_SLC, 1100E and 2100S, Sugar House Coffee
- Rainbow crosswalk in the Avenues (3rd Ave)
- Chocolate high heel on display in Hatch Family Chocolates, 376 8th Avenue Unit A (Store is open Tuesday – Sunday from 1 – 9 pm)
SEND US YOUR PHOTOS!